New road: Carretera C-37 from Vic to Olot. Olot bypass. Section: Olot
We have been involved in the assessment of the new bypass from Vic to Olot.
Project name: Assessment. General improvement. New road: Carretera C-37 from Vic to Olot. Olot bypass. Section: Olot
Date: 2019 – ongoing
Location: Olot, Girona
Image copyright: ©SOCOTEC Spain
Talk to our experts
The purpose of contract EI-NG-02083.3 was to provide professional services for a comparative analysis comprising a technical, environmental, social, functional, construction-based and financial assessment of possible routes for the new road Carretera C-37.
Study EI-NG-02083.3 has considered two distinct sections: a joint section from the southern entrance of the Pinya tunnel to the western connection with Olot, and a section from this connection to the A-26, where four different routes are being proposed.
As part of the assessment, relevant studies were conducted and corresponding reports drafted:
- Detailed topography survey and study of road conditions ;
- Hydrological survey ;
- Complete traffic survey ;
- Drainage survey ;
- Pavement design
- Review of existing geometric design and plans.
- Typical sections ;
- Signage and lighting ;
- Creation of a monitoring and environmental management plan ;
- Creation and monitoring of safety measures ;
- Measurements and cost calculations ;
- Study of services and facilities leveraged and expropriations.