Geotechnical campaign for the extension of the container terminal of the Port of Barcelona's South Quay
We conducted the geotechnical campaign for the extension of the container terminal of the Port of Barcelona's South Quay.
Talk to our experts
Projects details :
Geotechnical campaign for the extension of the container terminal at the Port of Barcelona's South Quay.
The field work conducted included:
- Opening of manual and mechanical test pits for on-site testing and subsequent laboratory tests
- Drilling of 976 linear metres of boreholes with continuous sample extraction and 174 linear metres of core drilling
- 708 ml of CPTU tests were carried out with the corresponding interstitial pressure dissipation tests
- 204 DMT tests (Marchetti dilatometer)
- Laboratory tests on soil samples (granulometric analysis, determination of Atterberg limits, dry density, moisture analysis, specific particle weight, and maximum and minimum density
- Chemical analysis of sulphate, chloride and organic matter content
- Triaxial unconsolidated undrained (UU) tests
- Simple compression rupture tests on soil specimens