Recovery of the Amira de la Rosa Theater (TAR)
Technical auditing of contracting documents for rehabilitation Works
Project Name: Recovery of the Amira de la Rosa Theater (TAR)
Date (year): 2022
Client: BANCO DE LA REPUBLICA
The Amira de la Rosa Theater (TAR) presented deterioration in its facades and roofs after 30 years of operation until 2014. A study revealed that several elements of the theater had reached their useful life due to their age, and problems of seismic resistance and damage due to carbonation and oxidation were detected.
Banco de la República undertook a project to recover the theater:
- Phase 1: Conceptualization studies.
- Phase 2: Development of definitive designs and construction contract specifications.
- Phase 3: Execution of the works.
Talk to our experts
During Phase 2, the technical supervision of the contracting specifications for the works of the Theater is carried out, in order to guarantee compliance with the established terms of reference. In addition, monitoring, supervision and control of the deliverables produced by the design contractor is carried out.
The main objectives of the auditing services are as follows:
- Review the coherence, pertinence and sufficiency of the deliverables in each of the design stages.
- Ensure the quality of the documents associated with the contract specifications submitted by the designer.