Management and planning of monitoring and controls for funerary structures in Montjuïc Cemetery
We are involved in the monitoring and controls plan for funerary structures in Montjuïc Cemetery.
Project name: Management and planning of monitoring and controls for funerary structures in Montjuïc Cemetery
Date (year): 2018 – ongoing
Client: Cementiris de Barcelona, SA
Location: Barcelona Country: Spain
Talk to our experts
Opened in 1883, Montjuïc Cemetery is Barcelona’s biggest and oldest cemetery. Because of both geotechnical and structural problems, instruments have been set up both on the ground and in the buildings to monitor its behaviour
Details of the project
- Provision and installation of 4 programmable and motorised Robotic Total Stations with 1” precision for angles and 2 mm + 2 ppm precision for distance, as well as systems for storage, data transmission and temperature correction.
- Provision of 100 dual-axis clinometers for automatic monitoring of tilt and rotation with a resolution of 0.001º and systems for storage, data transmission and ultimate dismantling.
- Provision and installation of 500 mini prisms for manual topography monitoring (to check for movement and/or convergence), including anchoring and ultimate dismantling.
- Installation of open standpipe piezometers.
- Installation of extensometers to measure ground settlement.
- Installation of inclinometers to measure lateral ground displacement.